I was planning to post my November Accountability Update today (see previous updates here), but unfortunately a power failure and a horrible migraine got in the way. So I’ll have to put that post off until next week.
But I didn’t want to leave you with nothing, so here are some useful links on the topic of accessorizing. This edition covers necklaces, belts, and scarves. In a future post, I’ll share some links on additional accessorizing topics.
- “Necklaces and Necklines Revisited” – If you’ve ever been confused about which necklace to pair with a given neckline, this post from “Already Pretty” will help. There are lots of great visuals to illustrate the points, too.
- For more visuals regarding necklaces and necklines, see this post from “The Budget Babe,” this one from “Inside Out Style,” and this one from “Wardrobe Oxygen.”
- “Five Ways to Wear a Statement Necklace” – A links round-up on accessorizing just wouldn’t be complete without something from the Queen of Accessorizing, Bridgette Raes! What’s so great about this post is that the same necklace is used in five different outfits to show just how versatile one accessory can be.
- “How to Wear Belts: 7 Guidelines for the Belt Challenged” – Excellent advice for the belt phobic among us from “You Look Fab” (also see the follow-up post on this topic).
- “Reader Request: Belted!” – This oldie but goodie guest post on “Already Pretty” delves into why to belt and how best to do it. Includes lots of photos to illustrate the key points (some of the looks are dated but the principles are solid).
- “How to Solve the Belting Dilemma for Short-Waisted Women” – If you’re short-waisted like me and struggle with how to wear belts successfully, this advice from Imogen Lamport will help.
- “25 Ways to Wear a Scarf in 4.5 Minutes” – You may have already seen this great video from “Wendy’s Lookbook,” but have you seen the companion videos with full instructions? Check them out: Episode 1 | Episode 2 | Episode 3 | Episode 4
- “Scarf Knots for Every Neckline” – If you’re like me and have lots of scarves you don’t wear often enough, these wonderful instructional videos from Scarves.net will help (you can also check out their knot library master list). I plan to study them and start using my scarves more!
- “How to Wear Your Scarves in Different Ways: My 9 Ideas” – This creative post from “40+ Style” shows some ways of wearing scarves that I hadn’t thought of before. Who knew you could wear a scarf as a top?
I hope you enjoy this useful links installment. As I’ve mentioned before, I’m an “information junkie” (more about that here) with a very extensive bookmark collection. I enjoy sharing the wealth with readers, both in terms of my monthly “Grab Bag” posts, as well as periodic special edition links posts.
If you have any comments or questions on accessorizing (or anything else), please feel free to share. I also welcome additional links and suggestions for future blog posts. Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!